Tag Archives: Psychology


Audrey is one of our international students who is in her fourth year in Trinity.  Here she lets us know about her experience of studying Psychology at Trinity, one of our Top 10 Courses. 

Your name:  Audrey Chew

Your year of study: 4th Year (Senior Sophister)

Your programme of study / course:  Two-subject Moderatorship (TSM) Psychology and Sociology

 What made you decide to study your course at Trinity?

When I had my first tour around Trinity during the Open Day, I knew that this would be a university I would be proud to call my own. Trinity has a prestigious international reputation and the campus is absolutely gorgeous. Most importantly, its Two Subject Moderatorship (TSM) programme allowed for me to combine two of my desired Arts and Humanities subjects into a degree which most other universities did not offer. As a Psychology student, it was compulsory for me to participate in 20 hours’ worth of other people’s research in the university, which allowed me to discover and understand the different possible routes of Psychology. Also, I love the central location of the university as everything is just a short walk away – great brunch locations, cafés, restaurants, cinemas and more. Lastly, I knew that I was able to continue all my hobbies and discover new ones with the vast variety of clubs and societies in the university.

Involvement in societies - Trinity College Singer's concert in the Christchurch Cathedral which had 40

Photo: Trinity College Singer’s Concert in Christchurch Cathedral



Publication of 30th Student Economic Review Celebrated with Major Reunion of Alumni

The 30th volume of the Student Economic Review (SER) was launched in the Dining Hall on Thursday March 24th, 2016.  To mark this landmark event committee members from each of the past twenty-nine years were invited to attend.  Over 200 guests were present, including current students who had essays accepted in the Review, plus family, returning alumni and current and retired staff.

Continue reading Publication of 30th Student Economic Review Celebrated with Major Reunion of Alumni

Trinity Student Management Fund (SMF)

The SMF is the first initiative of its kind within Europe, it manages a real-life long-only equity portfolio and is 100% run by students. We are a non-remunerated organization with two primary mandates. The first of which is educate Trinity students with a view to granting them a competitive advantage in the jobs market at home and abroad. The second of which is to give back to the community which sustains us, to that end 10% of annual profits are donated to the Trinity Access Programme (TAP) which assists students from underrepresented backgrounds with their tuitions fees and other expenses. The remaining 90% of our returns are reinvested into the portfolio with a view to growing it to a critical mass whereby the 10% donated to charity becomes a meaningful sum.

Chris Swords, a third year psychology and economics student, is a sector manager in the SMF (Student Management Fund) and has been involved with the society since he came to Trinity. We asked Chris to tell us about his experience with the SMF:

Continue reading Trinity Student Management Fund (SMF)